Candle Fire Quickly Extinguished by Deputy

Erie County Sheriff Timothy B. Howard reports Deputies responded to a residential fire on Springville Boston Road in the Town of Concord just before 5 P.M. on August 3. When the Deputies arrived, a baby sitter and a 2-year-old child exited the dwelling and were waiting near the road. The guardian explained that all persons were out of the structure, but there was a puppy and two cats known to be inside.

Deputy Grube entered through a basement access door and climbed a staircase to the kitchen. As a layer of smoke, about three feet thick began collecting at the ceiling, the Deputy located the room from where the smoke was originating. The Deputy entered the bathroom and observed a fire approximately eighteen inches in diameter and about six inches high next to a bath tub. The Deputy used three bowls of water to extinguish the fire and waited for fire personnel to clear the remained of the house.

East Concord Fire personnel discovered a puppy inside the dwelling and removed it to safety; the puppy was unharmed. Later, emergency personnel discovered the cats escaped the house on their own.

The cause of the fire is believed to be from a candle that may have reignited and spread to some plastic toys. The fire was contained to the bathroom, and there was no estimate of damages.

Intellectual Property Notice:

Copyright, Erie County Blotter, Erie Co. Blotter, All rights reserved. All text, images, graphics, animation, videos, music, sounds, and other materials on this website are subject 

to the copyrights and other intellectual property rights of Erie County Blotter, Erie Co. Blotter &, its affiliates, licensors and/or licensees. Erie County Blotter owns the copyrights 

in the selection, coordination, and arrangement of the materials on this site. These materials may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these materials be modified or reposted to other sites. 

For Info Please Contact:

To Submit a Story, Images, Flyers or So On, Please Contact: