Buffalo Police Department Press Release
June 7-14, 2017
Calls for Service – 6028
Arrests – 117
Overdoses – 15
Narcan uses by BPD – 2
Seized Guns – 12
Buffalo Police are investigating a shooting at an address on Schuele the morning of June 9th. The victim, Matthew Clark aka Matthew Arrington, 23, was also a suspect in a robbery that occurred last July on Koons Avenue. Three other suspects were previously arrested in connection with the robbery. Arrington was arrested after being released from the hospital and charged with the robbery. The shooting incident is still under investigation. C-District officers did recover a weapon that may be connected to the shooting from a residence in C-District and obtained the names of the possible suspects for the shooting.
Buffalo Police are investigating an incident on 6/9/17, between 11pm and 5am. An unknown person did damage victims 2007 Chevy Avalanche, while parked at an address on Seminole Pkwy. The suspect did use orange spray- paint and painted racial slurs on both sides and the tailgate of his truck.
Buffalo police homicide squad is investigating a shooting that occurred on 6/11/17 at an address on Millicent. An unknown male did fire multiple shots at 3 individuals sitting in a Cadillac parked in the driveway at an address on Millicent resulting in serious physical injury to all 3 victims.
.Buffalo police homicide squad is investigating a shooting that occurred on 6/12/17, at around 11:45pm at an address on Pries. The victim was shot multiple times by unknown persons and did die from injuries.
Results of Raids Conducted 6/9/17 in the Broadway - Fillmore Avenue - Memorial Drive area of the city.
• A total of 19 search warrants for various houses and one vehicle were obtained through investigations conducted by Buffalo Narcotics Squad detectives
• There were a total of 11 arrests on a number of charges - including felonies, misdemeanors and violations.
• $20,450 total, in cash was seized.
• One and a half pounds of marihuana was seized.
• One half ounce of cocaine seized.
• 3 grams of heroin seized.
• Assortment of pills, scales and packaging materials seized.
• One handgun seized.
• 3 illegal knives seized.
• Not all locations yielded arrests and/or contraband.
• A search warrant obtained for one vehicle resulted in a total of $19,880 being seized by the investigators.
John Sanders Jr., 32 years old, of Buffalo was arrested in possession of a half pound of marihuana at an address on Townsend. Angelo Kidd, 29 years old, Lamario Mills, 30 years old and, Kaceme Brathwaite 33 years old, were charged with possession of a .22 caliber handgun, 10 grams of marihuana and an eighth ounce of crack cocaine. Alvin Baines, 44 years old was charged with possession of crack cocaine found hidden in a shoe, after he was arrested for selling marihuana in front of an address on Sweeney.
The raids took place primarily on streets in the Broadway - Fillmore Avenue - Memorial Drive area of the city, as well as further north and east streets. The warrant executions were the resulted in response to neighbors complaints to the Mayor's 311 call and resolution center, the anonymous TIPCALL (716-847-2255) number, and other means of reporting to the Narcotics Squad.
Assisting in the investigation and eleven arrests were SWAT teams, Erie County Sheriff's Department and federal Drug Enforcement Agency, as well as the Buffalo Police Intelligence Unit, Strike Force, K-9 Unit and Housing patrols.
• Buffalo River Fest Park Festival - 6/16 - 6/18/17
*This also includes the Rigidized River Fest Regatta which is on 6/17/17 at 11:00 am
• Buffalo Niagara Dragon Boat Festival 6/17/17 7:45am - 5:00pm at Riverworks
• Food Truck Tuesday (weekly) 4pm – 9pm at Larkenville
• Concert Series Wednesday (weekly) 5pm at Larkenville
• Concert Series at Buffalo River Fest Park (weekly) 5pm
• Farmers Market at Cazenovia Park Sundays (weekly) 9am – 2pm
• City of Buffalo residents hazardous waste drop off at Houghton Academy, 7/8/17 9am-2pm
• SABAH Kickstock Kickball Festival 7/8/17 at Wilkenson’s Point
• June 17-18, 2017, is the annual Juneteenth Festival to take place at MLK Park. The event festivities kick off with the Parade Saturday, June 17 at 10:00am. The parade starts at Genesee and Moselle and ends at MLK Park. Festivities include an Entertainment Stage, Arts and Culture Stage. There will be clothing and food venders and well as cultural events and talents displayed over the weekend.
• "Get on the Bus Tour" took place in Buffalo, NY on June 10, 2017. The tour consisted of 4 stops, one of them was C-District. The group of men, women and elders were met by a police officer who greeted them and gave them a brief history of the Buffalo Police Department. The group was then told a story by a storyteller before going on to another stop.
• 6/15/17 Corporate Challenge at 6:45pm, people should get there early. Parking will be relaxed but cars will be towed if parked where it is dangerous or on the grass of park.
• 6/17- Rediscover Amherst St. Saturday at 10am – 5pm with parade at 12pm.