URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE - National Weather Service Buffalo NY.
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 8 PM MONDAY TO 8 PM EDT
The National Weather Service in Buffalo has issued a Winter Storm
Warning for heavy snow and blowing snow...which is in effect from
8 PM Monday to 8 PM EDT Wednesday. The Winter Storm Watch is no
longer in effect.
* LOCATIONS...Erie, Genesee and Wyoming counties.
* TIMING...From early Monday evening through early Wednesday
* HAZARDS...Heavy snow and blowing snow.
* ACCUMULATIONS...Around 2 inches Monday night...2 to 4 inches
Tuesday...3 to 5 inches Tuesday night...and 1 to 2 inches
Wednesday...leading to storm totals of 7 to 14 inches.
* WINDS...North 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* VISIBILITIES...As low as a half mile at times.
* IMPACTS...Heavy snow and blowing snow could produce very
difficult driving conditions with very poor visibility and
deep snow cover on roads.
A Winter Storm Warning is issued when severe winter weather is
expected. Heavy snow and/or ice will cause hazardous driving
conditions. If you will be traveling in the warning area you
should choose an alternate route if possible, or you should use
extreme caution if travel is unavoidable.