East Amherst - Careless Use Of A Torch Causes $250,000 In Fire Damages.
Amherst Fire Control received several calls call from neighbors reporting a structure fire. East Amherst Chief Scott Wehrlin was on location in about 3 minutes and reported a garage fully involved. The fire started outside the house but quickly spread due to flammable Halloween decorations. The fire was quickly knocked down. A pick-up truck and a jet ski were also destroyed by the fire.
The homeowner was transported to the hospital for treatment of minor hand and finger burns.