Drug Dealer Out On Bail Arrested Following Raids.
Erie County Sheriff Timothy B. Howard reports the arrest of a 44-year-old Anthony Neasman of Buffalo following the execution of search warrants for his vehicle, residence, and a third location.
At approximately 11:30 a.m. on February 18, Deputies stopped a vehicle operated by Neasman on Madison Street in the City of Buffalo. While searching the vehicle, Deputies discovered approximately ¼ ounce of crack and ¼ ounce of cocaine. After executing the warrant on Neasman’s vehicle, the Sheriff’s Narcotic’s Unit and Detectives with the Buffalo Police Intelligence Unit proceeded to Neasman’s residence at 492 Madison Street and executed a second warrant.
During the search, Detectives and Deputies discovered nearly 1.5 kilos of cocaine, drug paraphernalia, six loaded handguns, ammunition, an unknown amount of counterfeit bills, and more than $40,000.00 U.S. currency.
Among the six guns recovered from the defendant’s residence, one was stolen from Cheektowaga and is believed to be used in a commission of a felony, while two other guns were defaced by filing off the serial numbers.
Neasman was arrested and is charged with an A-1 felony for criminal possession of narcotics, as well as felony charges for criminal possession of a narcotic with intent to sell, four counts of criminal possession of a loaded firearm, a count of criminal possession of a weapon-ammunition feeding device, two counts of criminal possession-defaced firearm, and a count of criminal possession of stolen property-firearm. He is also charged with three misdemeanor counts of criminal use of drug paraphernalia.
Later on Wednesday, units executed the third search warrant at an undisclosed location in the city. Law enforcement officers recovered an additional $250,000.00 in U.S. currency, three more handguns, one rifle, a large quantity of fentanyl, as well as a large amount of marijuana.
The Sheriff’s Narcotics Unit is continuing its investigation, and additional charges are pending.
He is currently held at the Erie County Holding Center pending his arraignment.
· The defendant is currently out on $2,500.00 bail after his arrest by Buffalo Police on December 9, 2019.
· He is charged with a felony count of reckless endangerment from the December 9 incident.
· Neasman has two felony convictions following a jury trial following a shooting in 1994. He was found guilty of manslaughter in the second degree and criminal possession of a weapon where a female was struck and killed by a round from Neasman’s gun.
· Judge Kenneth Case signed the search warrants
· Members of the DHS’s Homeland Security Investigations and the Buffalo Police Department assisted with the investigation.
The Sheriff’s Office wishes to recognize members of the Buffalo Police Narcotics Unit and their assistance with the investigation.
(Pictures of some of the seized narcotics and firearms. All pictures were taken by the Erie County Sheriff’s Office and released under the authority of Sheriff Timothy B. Howard.)