Deputies, Civilians to be honored at annual Badge and Shield Club Dinner.
The Erie County Sheriff’s Badge and Shield Club is hosting its annual awards dinner honoring active and retired members of the Erie County Sheriff’s Office. The Club will be honoring individuals who responded to the Zoar Valley tragedy in August 2017 and the Dollar General shooting in November 2017. Captain Kevin Caffery with aircrew members Deputy Sean Young, and Deputy Ryan Rogers are being honored with the 2017 William R. Dils Deputy of the Year Award for their service during an August 20, 2017, fatal accident in Zoar Valley. Reserve Deputy Mark Pinnavaia is being honored with the 2017 Reserve Division Award for his response during the Dollar Tree shooting incident in November of 2017. Other award winners are: · Deputy Jeffrey Ely (ret.) - William Dillemuth Outstanding Service Award.
· Christopher Kaufman - Joseph Wachowiak Outstanding Citizen Award Dollar General shooting.
· Kaia Skurzewski - Robert Insalaco Youth Award recipient for her outstanding community service and academic achievements.
· Deputy Richard Lundberg - Patrol Services Division Award for coming to the aid of an unconscious individual on August 2nd, 2017.
· Deputy John McCarthy - Civil Enforcement Division Award. Deputy McCarthy is a 26-year veteran who brings his law enforcement experience to the Family Court Warrants and Child Support Enforcement Unit.
· Detective Cully Ferrick, Detective Jonathan Hanna, and Detective Christian Parisi are receiving the 2017 Investigative Services Division Award.
· Deputy Aaron Naegely - Professional Standards Division Award He is responsible for the Drug Drop-off Program.
· Officer Kenneth Napora - New York State Unified Court Award for saving this man’s life.
· Dispatchers Danielle Gang, Karin Gruber, Michael Graczyk, and Broc Dehn for their role in the Zoar Valley fatal accident response.
· Deputy Nicholas Sillitto (ret.) - Retired Deputy Award.
· Louise McFeely - Alfred D. Gennuso Special Service Award.