Collins Shooting Update.
Erie County Sheriff Timothy B. Howard reports Detectives continue to investigate a shooting in the Town of Collins early Tuesday morning.
This is an active investigation, and the Sheriff’s Office is releasing information known at this time developed by Deputies and Detective.
Information collected by Sheriff’s Office:
· At 0034, a call was received from an occupant on Main Street (Route 39) in Collins;
· The complainant told ECSO Dispatchers individuals inside the dwelling heard multiple gunshots, observed multiple bullet holes in the house, and the 7-year-old victim was sleeping in his bedroom; the bullet did strike the victim in the rear, upper thigh;
· There were multiple occupants inside at the time of the incident, which included the parents;
· No other occupants were injured;
· Deputies arrived at the residence and immediately searched the home and surrounding area;
· At about 0120, the injured minor was transported to Oishei Children’s Hospital via ambulance;
· At approximately 0258, the attending physician notified the Sheriff’s Office the victim was in stable condition;
· Detectives have been canvassing the area and talking with neighbors;
· Sheriff’s Detectives believe the bullet holes are from a small-caliber round;
· The Sheriff’s Office has not developed any motives, but investigators do not believe this is hunting related and do believe this is an intentional act;
· Investigators do not know the intended target;
· The injured victim remains in the hospital in stable condition;
· The Sheriff’s Offices urges anyone with information about the incident to contact Detectives at 716.858.2903 and refer to CL# 20-012891
· Crime Stoppers is offering a $2,500.00 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of a suspect or suspects involved in the shooting;
· Crime stoppers number is 716.867.6161